Monday, October 8

The Stillwell House

I am back! I have been so distracted with things lately, but it feels good to be blogging again. : )

Joe and I have still not decided on a venue. I am warning you this is going to sound stuck up, but nothing seems good enough. All the venues we have toured seem so "cookie cutter" and because my head is filled with images ranging from simple to outrageous wedding ideas I am having a hard time envisioning where exactly I want this shin-dig to take place. So this is where The Stillwell House comes in. I picked up a flyer with some info at a bridal show a few weeks ago and have been casually (NOT obsessively, really) glancing at it since. It is a historic home that was purchased by a local family that now rent it out for special events. The inside of the home has beautiful dark wood floors and a stunning staircase. Outside is a southwestern cantina and garden courtyard where the ceremony or reception can take place. What is most appealing about it is that they work closely with Candace Flores of Flores Event Design. That's right...an on-site planner that actually knows her stuff! Woo Hoo!

So, I am going to check it out tomorrow night at their weekly open house. I really hope we fall in love with this venue because I want to start moving forward with the planning. Specifically cake tasting, shoe shopping, etc. I can't help it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LET US KNOW ABOUT THE STILLWELL HOUSE- IT LOOKS SO PERFECT FOR A CLASSY LADY LIKE YOU- AND YOUR HANDSOME PRINCE-